Before You Buy
Have property in mind that you think would be good for a manufactured home? There are some things to check out first:
- Placement of the home on the property – Will the site accommodate the home selected?
- Access to the site – Homes are delivered on heavy, oversized trucks, so road access is important.
- Zoning, permits, development fees – Are there any regulations that would keep you from installing your home?
- Utility location – Is there access to gas, electricity, water, sewer or space for a septic system, and all other utilities you need?
- Preparing the site – The land needs to be cleared, graded, and made ready to accommodate your new home.